Tuesday, April 19, 2011

26 weeks and 4 days

Today I am 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm still fearful that something will go wrong with this pregancy. I can't help but feel a bit robbed of the experience because I can't let go of the fear. This pregnancy has been nothing but normal and I have passed all tests with flying colors. My weight gain is low, my BP is great and I passed my GD test. I feel this little guy moving everyday and even though I have an anterior placenta I can still feel his little kicks and punches.

My ankles have started to swell a bit at night but only when I wear my heels at work. I've noticed I am more out of breath than normal but I know that has to do with him being so high and having less lung space to breathe. I can feel him right under my breasts so I know he is super high. I'm so in love with him already!

I've just started telling myself that it's okay to shop for him, I bought a co-sleeper and have bought a few clothes but nothing substanial yet. I feel sad because he is likely not to have his own room for awhile until dh and I start renovating the basement and making our master bedroom downstairs. This will leave all the kids upstairs..not ideal but necessary as our family expands. I have four kitchen table chairs and never thought we would need to add another. I feel blessed and can't wait to hold this little guy in my arms.

After next week I begin to see the Dr every two weeks and I have to pre-register with the hospital at around 28 weeks (so next week sometime) I've bought Joseph a baby to help him adjust to the idea of a baby coming home but I'm not sure he gets it. He does out his little baby in the pack and play but again he knows Mommy has a baby in her tummy but he doesn't understand that this baby will be coming out soon..in like 13 weeks soon!

I pray that my delivery is normal and that I can enjoy it. I have this vision of being able to reach down and lift my little one onto my chest after he is born. I can't believe that we are almost to that point. I wonder what he will look like, will he look like Larry or will he look like me. Will he have brown eyes? Will he be a he? The ultrasound tech we had was not really good..I'm hoping that the Dr gives me another ultrasound to check growth. At 25 weeks I was measuring right on track! I liked the Dr. I met last week but will be really upset if Dr. V delivers me as I am not fond of her.

No comments: