Thursday, July 14, 2011

39 Weeks & Induction Date

I am now 39 weeks pregnant today (well okay tomorrow)but it's close enough! I've had some contractions, they are not consistant nor are they painful. I swear my body just doesn't know how to go into natural labor on it's own. I was hoping that I would just be at work and BAM..my water would break. It would atleast be exciting right? Well it doesn't look like that will be my luck. Tomorrow is my last day of work..woo hoo! I made it to 39 weeks and I know there is no way I could have made it to 40 weeks working. It's just getting harder and harder to get up and move around. Baby has dropped as my belly is much lower. I will take a belly shot in my bathing suit this weekend since it's suppose to be high 80's and 90's! I'll be hitting the river.

It is crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone by for me. Part of it must have been that the first trimester was a blurr..I really tried not to think about what was happening. The second trimester pretty much the same thing until my 20 week ultrasound and then I just fell in love. Yes, I have been a raging pregnant lady and yes my husband has probably suffered but seriously he shouldn't be surprised since this is how I was during our first pregnancy. Although, I do feel a bit bad for those time I yelled at him.

So..my husband also informed me that I need to drop these 20lbs and then some so that I can be his arm candy--since he is getting his balls snipped. LOL I laughed my ass off on that one. Listen if I am gonna get all skinny it's gonna be for me not so I can be a show piece. Also, I really don't think I look all that bad..yeah I could lose about 40 pounds total--and yes I plan to have a breast reduction which will help immensely with the back pain I have and the larger top heavy look that I have going on. But honesly, I have a curvy athletic body and I don't mind not having super long lanky skinny legs..and let's face it. 5 pregnancies later...my stomach will never look like it did when I was 18. So my love, you have me at my 32 year old self, stretch marks, saggy belly and maybe a dimple or two on my ass but it's me..take it or leave it :)

Okay so back to the pregnancy stuff..
What will I miss most about being pregnant--

Watching my belly move
Feeling Hiccups
Pushing on a foot and having the baby push back
My belly
Listening to the heart beat in the womb
Eating icecream and not worrying about what people might say..even if I have it everyday :)
Shopping for baby supplies (I love me some thrift and consignment shopping)
Going to the OB/GYN clinic and feeling ok with sitting among other pregnant people..but still mindful that others may be there wanting what I have--
Dh rubbing my belly, DS rubbing my belly and driving his cars over it.

What I won't miss
Is MORNING SICKNESS--26 weeks of it.
Not being able to breath walking up the stairs
Puffy feet
Watching the scale go up :)
Not being able to play my summer sports
Maternity clothes (yes, I have cute ones..but seriously a $200 wardrobe buys very little)
My 2yr old jumping on my belly and wanting to constantly stick his finger in my belly button.
Constipation


So for now...I will be pregnant for atleast 5 more days! As excited as I am to meet my little baby..I can't believe that it's all about to end. I wanted to be here so bad in the beginning but now am realizing that I will truley miss being pregnant.

No comments: